Housing Rights Committee has fought for tenant rights since 1979.
- Free counseling* for San Francisco tenants in all types of housing: rent-controlled units, SROs, public housing and Section 8, serving over 5,000 tenants a year.
- Organize entire buildings to fight against displacement and evictions
- Successfully change and support housing-related laws for a more fair San Francisco
- Help create building and community-wide tenants groups
- Coordinate, plan and mobilize protests, actions and housing justice demonstrations
- Advocate for tenants in Section 8 and public housing
- Sponsor workshops, community meetings and other events
- Work with the Anti-Displacement Coalition, a network of tenant organizations and allies to organize against the soaring evictions and rent increases in our city
*Offer both call-in and drop-in counseling.
No immigration status/documentation needed